- Official Course Name:
- CPR/BLS Program Instructor course (Initial or Renewal)
- Safety Organization:
- American Heart Association
- Class Dates/Times:
Thursday Nov 14, 2019 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Training Location:
- Cascade TC - West Sacramento
950 Riverside Parkway, STE 30
West Sacramento, CA 95605
- Seats Left:
- Register Now
This course is for new Instructor Candidates or those who have expired. Once you have completed this course you will need to find a Training Center in which to align. If you are interested in teaching for Cascade please contact our office for more information.
The instructor training process has several steps;
- 1.) BLS for Healthcare Provider Status
- -Because this class enables you to teach all BLS courses You must have a current American Heart Association BLS/CPR for Healthcare Provider and American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid & CPR credential. Whenever possible we prefer that you obtain your provider credential from Cascade Training Center.
- 2.) Successfully complete the BLS Instructor Essentials online course
- -The BLS Instructor Essentials online course should be obtained directly from the AHA website by clicking this link.
- -You must bring proof of completion to the instructor course
- 3.) Complete the AHA BLS Instructor Course
- -History of CPR and the American Heart Association
- - Teaching components
- - Product orientation
- - Policies and Procedures
- - Teach-Back (optional)
- 4.) BLS Course Monitoring
- - You will need to be monitored by a Cascade Training Center Course Director or TC Faculty teaching an actual class before receiving your Instructor Credential. This is usually Scheduled within 14 days of Instructor Course. Please note that the monitoring process must be completed at a Cascade Training Center location. Cascade does not monitor courses at offsite locations unless special arrangements have been pre arranged. Cascade Training Center does not pay your for teaching this class.
The American Heart Association requires that BLS Instructors have a copy of the Instructor Manual for the programs that they teach. BLS Instructors that teach Healthcare Provider CPR must have the Healthcare Provider CPR Instructor Manual. A copy of this manual is included in the Healthcare Provider Instructor Tool Kit. If you teach any of the Heartsaver or Friends & Family courses you must have a copy of the Heartsaver Instructor Manual. Please bring your Instructor Manual to the Instructor Renewal Course for reference. You may purchase these Instructor Manuals with your registration or at the Instructor Course.
The Cascade Training Center does not offer refunds once your registration is complete. If you have an emergency that makes you unable to attend the course, you must contact the Training Center before 48 hours of the start time of day one of the class and the Training Center Staff will move you to the next available course or issue a course credit. Course credits can only be applied to the same type of course, may not be used by another person and must be used within 90 days of the missed course. Once a credit is applied, the student must attend that course – a credited course will not be refunded or credited a second time.
Cascade Training Center is an approved provider of continuing education. For details on Nursing and Physician continuing education hours please click here
The Cascade Training Center is a National Training Center with locations in regional markets across the US. For a current listing of locations click here