- Official Course Name:
- PALS (Skills Eval)
- Safety Organization:
- American Heart Association
- Class Dates/Times:
Thursday Nov 10, 2022 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Training Location:
- Cascade Training Center - Hillsboro, OR
6755 NE Bennett St Building B (Middle Building)
Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Seats Left:
- Register Now
Cascade Training Center provides official American Heart Association PALS Courses.
Heartcode® PALS online with skill meets the requirements for Initial or Renewal certifications.
The required Heartcode® PALS Online module can be purchased during your registration. If purchased, an email on how to access and complete the online portion will be sent within 3 business days to the email address supplied during registration.
Cascade Training Center does not offer refunds once your registration is complete. If you are unable to attend your scheduled course, we offer one free course transfer but you must contact the Training Center at least 48 hours before the start of the course.
The Heartcode® PALS is designed to teach providers the knowledge and skills necessary to evaluate and manage pediatric cardiovascular emergencies.
Course learning objectives:
- Perform high quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
After successfully completing both the eLearning and hands-on session of the Heartcode® PALS, you will be issued an official AHA PALS Provider eCard.
Included with Heartcode® PALS is access to an American Heart Association PALS eBook during the online portion and for the duration of your 2-year certification period.
The PALS Pre-course Self-Assessment is included in Heartcode® PALS