- Official Course Name:
- Heartsaver CPR and AED (Initial Course)
- Safety Organization:
- American Heart Association
- Class Dates/Times:
Thursday Sep 24, 2015 12:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Training Location:
- Cascade Training Center - Seattle
101 Nickerson St
Seattle, WA 98109
- Seats Left:
- Register Now
Cascade Training Center provides official American Heart Association Heartsaver® Courses.
Cascade Training Center does not offer refunds once your registration is complete. If you have an emergency that makes you unable to attend the course, you must contact the Training Center before 48 hours of the start time of your course. The Training Center Staff will move you to the next available course or issue a course credit.
Course credits can only be applied to the same type of course, may not be used by another person and must be used within 90 days of the missed course. Once a credit is applied, the student must attend that course – a credited course will not be refunded or credited a second time.
This AHA Heartsaver Course does not include First Aid. If you are required to take a CPR and AED Course that includes First Aid, select Heartsaver First Aid, CPR and AED certification course from the "Offered Classes" link for more information and secure online registration.
Who should take this course?
The AHA Heartsaver CPR AED Course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional.
Upon successful course completion, you will be issued an official AHA Heartsaver® CPR and AED Provider eCard.
The American Heart Association requires each student to have access to their own current AHA Heartsaver® Provider Textbook prior to, during and after the course. If you do not have access to a textbook, you can purchase one during your registration. If you would like your textbook shipped to you before the course, please select the shipping option at the time of checkout. Your textbook will be shipped within 3 business days to the address supplied during course registration.