- Curriculum Provider:
- American Heart Association
- Certification Duration:
- 2 Years
- Course Format:
- Online adaptive learning module with in-person high-fidelity manikin skills.
HeartCode® is the official American Heart Association (AHA) self-directed eLearning
program allowing students to take ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) online as an alternative to the
traditional classroom-based courses.
This comprehensive program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to patient cases and see the results of their decision in real-time.
Heartcode™ Complete - ACLS meets the requirements for Initial or Renewal certifications.
Currently, this course is available in our Portland, Oregon Center.
What's New with the 2020 Guidelines?
- Consistent learning objectives across programs.
- An adaptive learning experience with HeartCode ACLS. The learning experience is based on existing skills and knowledge.
- All content was prepared by the AHA and organized for an adaptive algorithm.
- All content is aligned to the learning objectives of the current HeartCode courses.
- All content will reflect the new 2020 science guidelines.
- Responsive design ensures compatibility on mobile devices and tablets.
- All curricula is contextualized for the in-hospital or pre-hospital learner.
- Streamlined Cognitive Assessment Activity cases have replaced eSimulations.
- Pre-course Self-Assessment
- Respiratory Emergencies- Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest.
- Pre-Arrest Emergencies- Bradycardia, Stable Tachycardia, Unstable Tachycardia, Acute Coronary Syndromes, Treatment of Stroke
- Cardiac Arrest- Simple VF/VT, Complex VF/VT, PEA- Asystole
Standardizing Skills Practice and Testing
Once the online portion of the HeartCode® course has been completed, students practice and test their skills by using the self-directed course with the HeartCode voice-assisted-manikin (VAM) system.
Training with VAMs provides students with real-time, objective audio feedback on their performance, adding a new level of realism and precision to CPR training.
Upon successful course completion, you will be issued an official AHA ACLS provider eCard.
How to Purchase and Schedule
Please call 877-277-6778 to purchase the ACLS HeartCode® complete online course and schedule your time slot to complete the required skills verification on the voice-assisted-manikin (VAM) system. This course option is only available in our Portland, Oregon Center.